ABOUT ABILITY IN DISABILITY TALENT HUNT
Miss Health International Foundation is set to conduct a special talent hunt project themed “Harnessing Ability in Disability” (AID). The talent hunt is historic as it will help brings to the limelight the skills and unique ability of people living with disability (PLWD).
The Ability with Disability Talent Hunt is expected to reach millions of people throughout the World.
Stigmatization has created a gap by limiting the skills of these individuals who have been given name tags by the society such as blind, deaf, cripple and so on.
With our desire of providing equal opportunities for all, we believe this talent hunt will create the needed platform for this group of people and as well drive a positive mindset into the minds of people to create a positive social and behavioral change across the nation and beyond.
- To raise an army of people with disabilities who are not ashamed of their status but are willing to rise to the peak, despite the hurdles.
- To empower people with disabilities with the skills necessary to compete in the entertainment industry.
- To create an inclusive society devoid of discrimination and stigmatization.
- To ensure full participation of persons with disability in the entertainment industry.
- To create a platform where people living with the challenge of disability can showcase their God-given talents.
- To boost the self esteem and independence of people living with disabilities.
- To ensure that people living with disabilities are fully included in the society.
The Ability With Disability Talent Hunt will draw contestants from the 36 states of Nigeria and the Federal Capital Territory. Contestants are required to make a video recording of their talent or ability in a 2mins vide and submit via the application portal.
Selections will be made for the first stage and qualified contestants will be invited for physical audition.
Following the audition will be a 13 weeks in-house competition which will commence from September and this is a live eviction show, where all activities would be shown live on television stations worldwide.
We will have 50 Auditions, and 2 Winners.
This historic project will be widely broadcasted on chosen several Cable TV stations and a culmination of 100% live streaming on our social media platforms.(13 Weeks)
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
- Intending participants are required to do a free online registration. After that, selected participants who have met all criteria will be required to compete for the grand prize.
- Contestants are required to make a video recording of their talent or ability in a 2mins vide and submit via the application portal.
Thirty (50) contestants will be camped in Abuja for the period of thirteen (13) weeks. During this period, housemate will be subjected to various forms of activities that will enhance their skills. They are required to compete three (3) times a week. There will be voice trainers and music teachers for contestants through the period of the competition. The housemates will be fed at least three (3) times daily. They are required to go on daily exercises in the morning. Fitness trainers will be employed to take care of their daily fitness. Most importantly, there will be weekly hygiene and medical talks by experts in the field.
Intending participants are required to do a free online registration. After that, selected participants who have met all criteria will be required to compete for the grand prize. Eviction show will take place twice weekly. Contestants will be judged based on performance and number of votes. During the eviction show, contestants with the least score in performance and least number of votes will be evicted from the show.
For contestants to remain in the house and the show, he/she needs to acquire a certain number of votes and most importantly, his/her performance must be very good.
The cost of each SMS is fifty (50) naira. The SMS will state the number of the contestant one is voting for. Viewers can vote as many times as possible, using all networks.
Ability in Disability employs a panel of vocal judges who critique the contestants performances. The judging panel consists of top music legends, record labels CEO,DJ and entertainment stakeholders (Nothing about us without us), contestants will require a vote from the judges and public votes to move to the next stage
Winner – Gold Category – NGN 2,500,000
1st Runner up – Silver Category – NGN 1,000,000
2nd Runner up – Bronze Category – NGN 500,000